The Residential Economic Report – National Edition 3Q18
Join Mark Boud, Senior Vice President & Chief Economist of Metrostudy, as he presents the 3rd Quarter 2018 National Residential Economic Report.
Third quarter report highlights —
- The national housing market will continue to be significantly under supplied. There remains enormous levels of pent-up housing demand in the lower to moderate prices.
- The national housing market will become increasingly over valued, but the risk of a price collapse is small due to under supply.
- The surge in the remodeling/renovation market will continue.
- Rising mortgage rates will continue for the next 24 months, and inflationary pressures are building.
- Overall, we’re in the TOP of the 8th inning of the cycle, with a mild to moderate moderate correction predicted beginning in Years 2020/21.
The National Residential Economic Report is a modeled forecast released quarterly of over- and under supply of housing in the nation, as well as over- and under valuation, which impacts the future of housing most significantly. The five-year forecast is further informed by recurring national indices that track construction starts, employment, and other key indicators, and provides us a framework to forecast the future state of housing across the nation, and in major markets.
These reports are available for every major US Metropolitan market. For more information on The Residential Economic Report, visit: www.metrostudy.com/products-services/residential-economic-report/