Make better decisions when empowered with insightful data and analysis.
Metrostudy offers industry leading published research that analyzes leading markets’ activity and provides trends and forecasts to inform your decision making as well as line of reports that deliver our most requested information. Our reports provide insights on market trends and forecasts through charts and statistics covering key metrics across economics, housing and demographic data.
Market Activity, Trends and Forecasts
- Home Building Outlook Report - National Edition: The Home Building Outlook is a packaged report and data file that provides tangible, quantitative insights into home building and new construction opportunities across the 940 markets in the U.S.
- Home Building Outlook Report Local Edition: Focused on a single market, this comprehensive report brings together Metrostudy’s critical reporting into a single report package that is designed to provide a complete view of current market conditions to provide insight into demand, construction and permits activity, and key economic health indicators.
- Market Snapshot: The economic executive brief for the industry, the Market Snapshot is the fast and easy way to keep a pulse on the market and get insight into the of market conditions lenders look for when evaluating projects.
- Residential Economic Report: Our quarterly forecast allow you to quickly understand the direction of local housing markets to make informed investment decisions. This report provides a clear view into the market’s historic and current economic, socio-economic, and demographic trends along with 5-year forecasts for key indices of market evaluation. Learn more about this report.
Closing Activity Trends
- Absorption by Geo and Price Range: This report provides a view of closings by price range across zip codes organized by city and by property type.
- Closings and Price Trends: This report summarizes closings and price metrics (average, median and price per square foot) by property type, sales type (New, Resale, Foreclosure, REO Sale) and by year and month.
- Housing Profile by Demographics: This report allows a user to pick a specific demographic attribute (Age, Occupation, Consumer Group, Income, Marital Status, Number of Adults, Number of Children, and Number of Persons) and use that attribute to break down key home sale metrics within a chosen geography and time frame. Measures include average sales price, total percent financed, living square feet, bed, bath and total room count, lot size, and year built.
- New Home Closings by Submarket and Price: This report breaks down new home closings by price range and submarket within a county.
- Zip Code Differences in Home Buyers: This report compares cities and zip codes by buyer metrics (age, income, married rate, number of adults, children and persons, and total percent financed) and by property type.
- Zip Code Market Comparison: This report compares cities and zip codes by closings and price and home and lot size metrics by property type. The user can also filter on a specific sale type.
Builder & Subdivision Reports
- Builder Buyer Profile: This report provides a demographic snapshot of each builder's buyers in a specific geography. The report shows averages of age, income, married rate, number of adults, number of children, number of persons, and total percent financed.
- Builder Closings By Price Range: This report breaks down all new home closings by builder and by price. It is a view of new home absorptions in a market by price and by builder.
- Builder Comparison: This report ranks builders by market share in a specific geographic area chosen by the user and provides a snap shot of key metrics per builder, including average price, total percent finance, property characteristics and market lot values.
- Homebuilder Database: The Homebuilder Database features the most current contact information and market activity of homebuilders throughout the US.
- Housing Profile By Subdivision: This report provides key housing metrics by subdivision, broken down by sales type (new home, resale, foreclosure, and REO sale).
- New Home Subdivision Statistics: This report summarizes new home closings and key metrics by subdivision, builder and property type by city.